What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Thursday 30 June 2011

Crane #152 - #180

I came up with the idea of origami-bombing after seeing some yarn bombing near my house. I got inspired by this video to do something similar by brightening up the local area with origami cranes:


And so I started stringing up cranes, and weather proofed them with some clear acrylic spray paint. I've got my eye on a big project with 100 cranes, but as a trial, Jo and I tied up 29 cranes (there were 30 but one fell off on the way down the stairs) to the railings next to my house.


This guy stopped and chatted to us for a little while - it was nice to know that we at least made one person smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment