What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Sunday 12 June 2011

Crane #130 - #145

My friend Jess told me that she wanted to make some cranes to string up and send to her cousin in Stockholm, who is a fan of Japanese things.

So a pub was picked, and cider was bought. All origami lessons should involve cider. Soon there was a mountain of cranes, and Jess picked 6 to make into a decoration.



Our friend George turned up and asked if he could take some of the remaining cranes to turn into a mobile for his friend's baby, also called George. So 10 cranes are now being crafted into a lovely mobile.



No comments:

Post a Comment