What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Tuesday 7 June 2011

Crane #120 - #123

My parents came down to visit at the weekend. Some of the first cranes I ever made (before starting this project) were in January of this year. My mum wasn't well, and was recovering in hospital after an operation. From previous experience I knew the hospital didn't let you take in flowers (even fake ones) and so I made some cranes on the train, using scrap paper from my masters thesis (that I was proof reading at the time). My mum loved them, taking them home with her when she got out of hospital.

And so when they visited, whilst having coffee, I made them each one.


And then I made a few extra to hide in the flowers on the table...


No comments:

Post a Comment