What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Sunday 17 April 2011

Crane #6 - 10

Today was a day that reminded me while I'm doing this project.

Firstly I went for a bike ride to Portishead. I stopped on the way back and sat in the sunshine and made a few cranes.


See evidence of bike and cranes. The sun was hiding behind a cloud at that point.

Upon returning to Bristol, I then bought cake from Kino and did some more sitting in the sun and making of cranes (note to self: carrying origami paper with me wherever I go = good plan).


And then a great thing happened. There were a bunch of people hanging out drinking down by the Stokes Croft junction, and one of them came over to talk to me and find out what I was doing. We got chatting, I showed her the cranes and asked if she'd like one. She said yes, and next thing I know, I'm giving cranes to the whole group of people and telling them all about the project. So cranes 6-10 are now re-homed with some random passers by.

Now I feel inspired to do something similar but on a larger scale. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment