What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Thursday 28 April 2011

Crane #29 and #30

I've been going along to Folk Tales (a folk music and storytelling night in Bristol) for a few years now, and decided it was about time that I contributed something. Since I'm utterly lacking in musical talent, I decided to make my storytelling debut.

One of the stories I told was a short story based on the Japanese folk story, The Crane Wife. And to accompany it, I folded an origami crane as I told the story. So crane #29 was created when I practised this on my friend Lizzie earlier in the day, and crane #30 was folded during the actual performance...

No comments:

Post a Comment