What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Wednesday 20 April 2011

Crane #23, #24 and #25

Or further adventures in Steph vs The Royal Mail...

For my birthday this year, my friend Jo gave me 60 postcards made from some of my 365 photo a day pictures from last year. One of the things I've done as a result of this is to join postcrossing, where you send postcards to and receive postcards from complete strangers around the world. Sounds a bit random, but it's ace. I've had ones from Taiwan, USA and Germany so far.

I just signed up to send a few more postcards (to Japan, China and Germany this time) and decided I'd send each a crane too. So with the assistance of a staple or two, each postcard now comes with its own crane (and an explanation of the project). Lets see how they cope with international postal systems...






No comments:

Post a Comment