What is 1000 paper cranes?

I love making paper cranes, and each time I make one, I realise there's a story behind it. So my challenge is to make 1000 paper cranes over the coming days, weeks, months, (years?) and write about each one...


Saturday 16 April 2011

Crane #1

This is the crane that inspired the project. I stopped for a coffee in Chickpea cafe on Cotham Hill, and lacking a way to pass the time, I made an origami crane from some paper I had in my bag. On leaving the cafe, I managed to knock over some water (and generally make a bit of a mess). So as way of an apology, I gave the waiter the origami crane. He placed it on top of the tip jar, and said it was the best tip he'd got all day. Typically I forgot to get a photo...

It made me smile, and I realised that each crane has a story to tell. And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment